Hyderabad, Telangana, India
300000 - 700000
We have opening for “ Software Engineer – SAS Administration“ at our company – Achala IT Solutions, Hyderabad
Achala IT Solutions was founded in 2009 currently with more than 300 employees across the globe. Achala is a fast growing technology driven company providing various services in the field of IT. It has been providing high quality services to various customers across the globe. Our main office is located in Hyderabad. We also have our branches in Munch, Germany and US. Currently we are providing IT Services to Sulzer GMBH, BMW, Volkswagen, Audi (Leading Automobile Manufactures in the world) based in Munich, Germany. The team at Achala is talented and has wonderful experience in working with Global customers and in providing quality software and services in the field of Information Technology.
• Should have 2-4 years of experience.
• Experience in SAS Administration and SAS programming (SAS Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner and DI studio)
• Experience administering SAS platform in single node as well as multi-node GRID environment
• Experience creating and maintaining security model in SAS
• Experience troubleshooting GRID problems
• Experience monitoring grid and make sure that nodes are balanced with SAS generated code running efficiently across grid
• Experience reading through SAS logs to work through problems finding root causes and rectifying.
• Ability to make changes to the SAS environment such as modifying configuration files and writing automation scripts.
• Experience with authentication, including alternative authentication providers such as Active Directory as well as authorization in a Metadata.
• Experience with migrating and updating a SAS environment, such as migrating between SAS versions, installing and upgrading license files and maintenance releases, hot fix installs.
• Analyze compatibility of SAS products with the hardware/software
• Must have experience in Unix/Linux platform, includes Unix scripting and job scheduling.
• Familiarity with SAS Access Engines, and setting up connections to Oracle and Microsoft SQL server
• Installation, Upgrade, maintenance and support of all SAS components including GRID
• Security Management - Administration of SAS Users, Groups, Report related access management
• Setup and Maintain Disaster Recovery services for SAS. Manage and monitor backup and restoration process.
• Responsible for Monitoring, reporting, and controlling SAS server usage
• Creation and maintenance of system documentation related to the SAS environment
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and execute on assigned deliverables
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Respond to and resolve tickets on technical issues related to SAS Platform within defined SLAs
• Co-ordinate with SAS Support for any unresolved issues and tool specific issues or hot fixes/patches
• Very good knowledge of SAS Platform (9.4)
• Should have installed and supported multiple SAS solutions
• Very good knowledge of Unix.
• Knowledge of mid-tier would be good.
• Good problem solving and resolution skills.
• Good communication skills (written & spoken)
• Should have worked in a customer facing role.
Roles And Responsibilities
• Provide general SAS software platform administration support for the Customer(s) without limitation. Services may include the following as it relates to Customer environments:
• Perform initial remote installation and configuration of SAS software using SAS' installation and configuration method.
• Provide day-to-day, general operational support for SAS software operating in the Customer environment.
• Use and manage SAS' Application Monitoring Software to monitor the Software and System and collect metrics for event management, incident management, problem management and change management. "Application Monitoring Software means software used by SAS under the applicable
• Customer Agreement to collect data to verify the availability and performance of the Customer environment.
• Perform installation of SAS software hot fixes and new releases provided by SAS.
• Utilize SAS processes to support event management, incident management, problem management and change management, as applicable.
• Maintain all necessary credentials required to access the Customer environments.
• Work collaboratively with Customers, analysts, developers, SAS personnel and other team members to establish ownership and accountability while driving value from the SAS environment for the Customer.
• Manage, diagnose, and debug SAS and other third-party enterprise class software systems.
• Diagnose, document, report, and resolve system problems in complex technical environments.
• Create and maintain technical and procedural documentation.
• Compete such training and background check requirements as SAS or Customers may reasonably require.
• Perform such other activities as SAS may reasonably request